The original ring dates from the Nauvoo period and is believed to be the ring the Prophet used in the April 1844 "King Follet" sermon to illustrate the eternal nature of man.
Sometime after the Prophet's martyrdom in 1844, Emma Smith gave the ring to Alexander Hale Smith, one of their sons. The ring appears on Joseph's hand in several paintings done in his lifetime. Today the ring is privately owned.
Joseph Smith's signature on the inside of the ring is an added designer's element. This reproduction is a high-quality replica of the original ring.
Sterling Silver ring comes packaged in a beautifully finished cherry-wood box that can be used for display.